So I decided to to the normal thing and try some Dry Shampoo. I was always wary of it because my mom talked about dry shampoo in the 70s and said it was nasty. It would make your hair all hard and stringy. Gross. But one of my best friends said she owned some and it was pretty good, so I bought some.
The one I bought was Tresseme Fresh Start Smoothing Dry Shampoo. I bought it at Walmart and it only cost me $4.48. The directions are very simple. Shake it up, spay a little on your roots and let it sit. Once its been in your hair for a minute a so massage it through your scalp. I'll be honest I'm not too impressed with this stuff. My hair LOOKED clean but did not FEEL clean. I'm not to upset about that because that's half the battle of dirty hair. What I am really upset about it how dry it made my hair feel.
I sprayed a little in my hair before my 8 am to hold me over until I could should after. I just through it up in a pony tail and hey it looked clean. I didn't notice how dry my hair felt until I was in the shower putting shampoo in. My hair felt like straw. I had to deep condition my whole head. That sucks, especially because I don't put conditioner in my roots, like ever, because it just weighs hair down.
When I looked at reviews some people were complaining about white flakes in their hair. This has never happened to me (I've used it twice). Maybe those people were spraying too much into their hair or not letting it sit for long enough.
Another problem people were complaining about was that the nozzle would get clogged and now it was useless. Honestly people, read the directions. It says right on there in capital letters: If clogging occurs, remove nozzle and rinse nozzle under warm water, then re-attach nozzle. There you go. Or an easier way is just taking a safety pin and poking the little hole. I asked around (ok, I asked Kayla) and it seems to be pretty common for any kind or dry shampoo to clog (Kayla uses a Victoria's Secret brand). I had a little issue with clogging but it only happened once.
Over all: This product is mediocre. The smell isn't great but it's not horrible either. I will use on days when I can't shower before class but probably not many other times. But for $5 it gets the job done so I don't go to class looking like a grease ball.
I did some research to look at the other Tresemme Fresh Start products and there are a few of them. They all seem to get better reviews than the Smoothing dry shampoo. These products are:
- Fresh Start Moisturizing Waterless Foam Shampoo
- the best reviews of them all with a 79% of people saying they would recommend this to a friend
- Fresh Start Strengthening Dry Shampoo
- 50% of people said they would recommend this to a friend
- Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- 53% of people said they would recommend this to a friend
When I run out of my bottle maybe I'll try the Foam shampoo. Plenty of women seemed happy with that.
What about you?
Have you tried any fry shampoo before?
What kind did you use?
What did you think about it?

Yea I just threw my hair into a pony tail yesterday morning it it did hold really well. When I finally run out of my bottle (it will probably take me forever) I'll have to look into those! Thanks for the advice and for stopping by!
ReplyDelete