Today I'm going to show you how to make you look better in your pictures.
Open up the photo we edited yesterday
Today we're going to use my favorite tools to edit the photo. The burn and the dodge tools. We're gonna use the dodge tool the same way you would use a highlighter (the makeup not marker) plus a little more.
Make a new layer by pressing the ALT/OPTION and clicking on the new layer button on the layers panel. Call this layer Dodge and change the settings to match mine in the picture below
Select your Dodge tool and set the exposure to 15%. We don't want to make it too dark otherwise it will look cray. Make sure your range is set to highlight
Then you need to pick the right brush. Try to pick a soft brush. The size doesn't matter because you will adjust it when you go to highlight, but you can adjust the hardness to about 50%
Now that you've have your brush selected you're going to highlight the parts in green.
![]() |
| I had to use green to show contrast. I promise your picture will not look like this |
Select your burn tool and change make sure the exposure is at 15% and your range is set to shadows.
Now burn all of the areas in blue. Notice that I darkened more areas on myself than Ken. You have to have a light hand when editing men to make sure they don't look like they're wearing make up.
![]() |
| Personally, I think this is a good look for me. |
You can thank me next time someone tells you that you look like a super model in your new picture.
p.s. I'm sorry if there is some spelling mistakes or anything. I am writing this in a hurry since I should be getting ready to go get some dinner with friends. :)









No comments:
Post a Comment