Image Map

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I am DONE!!!!!

I finally finished one of my last projects for Typography class (don't know what Typography is? Click here). I have to take a picture of a famous person and remake the picture using newspaper. Oh yeah, it's as time consuming as it sounds.

There is a long process on making the pictures. First chose a famous person. I chose Joakim Noah (my love for him is explained right here). I then had to convince my professor that Joakim Noah is indeed a famous person. I had a hard time finding a picture of him but i finally decided on the one below.

I printed it out and then made it bigger using a photocopier. I then used the photo copy to trace all the different values. It looked like this.
Whole Thing
Head Shot

Then I had to copy that on a new peice of paper. There are a few ways of doing this but I chose the super simple way of taking a super dark pencil and going over the whole back of it. Then i put a piece of sketch paper under the photocopy and traced all my lines.

Then I got this. I will use this as my final draft and put the news paper on it.



I then made a photocopy of that page so that I could shade in different parts to show how many different shades of newspaper I will need. I needed 7 different shades.
The shaded version


And here it is! I am all done and I have never been so excited! 


I stayed up all night to finish my project. And I literally mean all night. I only got two hours of sleep and that wasn't even at night. That was after my 8 am class. I was feeling good, that is until I sat on the futon. I'm starting to feel it now. I need another nap. And some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment