Image Map

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rainbow and Crackle Nails

So here is a quick and easy tutorial on how to make Rainbow nails with a few colors of nail polish and some crackle.

What you'll need:

  1.   4-5 different colors of nail polish I chose
    • Sally Hanson HARD as NAILS in Blue Me Away!
    • Sinful Colors in Neon Melon
    • L.A. Colors Color Craze in Fuel 
    • Love and Beauty in Flamingo Pink
  2. Crackle Nail polish I have OPI  in Black Shatter but any brand will work
What to do:

  1. Use your four colors to paint stripes on you nails like this

I used vertical and diagonal stripes but you can chose one or the other, or do both like i did. Personally I like the vertical striped better. 


Even though I only had 4 colors I over lapped the yellow and blue nail polish to make a green. 

Try not to make you stripes too think you don't the blocks of color to be visible under the crackle.




    2. Let your nails COMPLETELY dry
    3. Put the crackle over if. If you've never used crackle before just use the brush to put a thin layer of black over your nail. Let it dry (it only takes a minute or so) and you're all done!


I think my thumb looks the best




No comments:

Post a Comment